Monday, March 6, 2017

P-Day Nap installment 2


March 6, 2017


Pday nap installment 2 today. How was it? Just as good  .

Life as always is great out here. The rain is literally driving me nuts haha - I wake up and it's raining and all the way until I go to bed, day after day after day. Best parts of the week? Ummmm we had some pretty sweet lessons. I know that sounds pretty undramatic but the truth of it is that probably the best parts of missionary work is just when you're in a lesson with an investigator and you feel the spirit. Simple.

We have an investigator we have started teaching, her name is Rainy (yeah ironic I know) but it's pretty insane how familiar it is to be around her, as if we had known her for a really long time even though obviously we have not. She even frequently uses the phrase "what's the word?" that I only hear Jake Anderson and Dr. Allan Thomas use haha.

On Thursday we were driving into our area and noticed that the tire pressure was low in the car. We pulled over and upon investigation found that there was a nail in one of the tires. We decided to take it to Les Schwab. Sine it was a 1.5 hour wait we decided to take some Book of Mormons and tract around while we waited. We were 45 minutes away from the car when I made the observation "man I'm so grateful it's not raining right now, I even left my raincoat in the car." 2 Minutes later it started raining. Hard  . In a spirit of sarcasm I then voiced appreciation that I had not eaten Olive Garden or carrot cake in a while. ...I'm not joking, later that night we stopped by the church and the relief society was cleaning up from a party where they catered Olive Garden and carrot cake!

"So cool has been the message [of the atonement] that through the centuries, while heated controversy and debate have raged over evolution, atheism, the sacraments, the Trinity, authority, predestination, faith and works, and so on, there has been no argument or discussion at all about the meaning of the atonement. Why were there no debates or pronouncements in the synods? People either do not care enough or do not know enough even to argue about it. For the doctrine of the Atonement is far too complicated to have he appeal of a world religion."  Hugh Nibley

Love,

Elder Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment