Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I'm loving missionary work more than ever

December 5, 2016

Fam!
Life has been good this past week. Elder Fouts and I have been working hard on being EXACTLY obedient and we have seen a ton of miracles. We also had our ward Christmas party which was pretty fun. The members in this ward seriously are the best. I'm loving missionary work more than ever.

Definitely the coolest miracle this week came from on invitation by Elder Kopischke who visited our mission a while ago. He challenged us to wake up a few minutes early each day and envision who we were going to find and baptize. Wednesday morning I envisioned an African-American girl, about 17 years old who was like 5'6" and did gymnastics. Worked all day with no luck. Thursday no luck. Friday no luck. Saturday no luck. Sunday I woke up early again and envisioned a specific part of one apartment complex in our area. I didn't think we would have time to knock it because our evening was packed, but our whole evening fell through and we had 40 minutes to knock the complex. Things to remember 1) it had already been dark for like two hours and 2) We thought we would be inside all night so neither Elder Fouts nor I had coats with us.

So we parked in front of the complex I felt inspired about and started knocking. No luck. We moved to the next section and had no luck. That continued through the cold all the way until it was time to go home. As we walked to our car in front of the first complex, a car pulled into a parking spot right in front of us. Out of the car came Maya - A 17 year old Africa American girl about 5'6" With a gym bag in her hands. The church is true people!! God doesn't do random!

Funny: At the ward Christmas party they did a breakfast for dinner thing with eggs and funeral potatoes and French toast and cinnamon rolls. One of the ward members convinced me that he had put the extra cinnamon roll frosting in a Tupperware for me. I was super excited and put many layers of it on my French toast. I took one bite and realized that I had covered the surface of all my French toast with butter that looked like frosting!

Remember, but first and forever there was just a little family, without toys or trees or tinsel. With a baby - that's how Christmas Began.
~Elder Holland

S/O to my high school for being the setting for almost half of the "light the world" video.

Trust me. I probably know he Skyline scenery better than my own house!
Also S/O to Sister Neus, faithful blog reader and persuasive cactus advocate!   

Yours,


Elder Paul Thomas


 glass hallway entrance
 Core English 10 Classroom
 Hallway by Mr. Buntings room
 steps leading to the glass hallway
 Cafeteria 
 Cafeteria
Display case by choir room

No comments:

Post a Comment