Monday, September 7, 2015

Ford or Chevy?

September 7, 15

Hey friends and fam! I hope all of you have had a great week. Over here in the WVM I’ve learned a lot more about humility. Yeah it's been one of those weeks. It has been good for me though. At the very least, all this rejection is preparing me for dating in college!

 I've noticed that a lot of people, missionaries included get stuck in ruts. The most common response we get when we knock on a door is "i'm not interested" or "we're fine, thanks though." Missionaries, myself included, start feeling ok when we don't reach the mission standard of excellence. We’re ok just getting an average number of members present at lessons or some other key indicator. People even get in ruts of asking the same questions over and over again. The question I get asked most often is "Ford or Chevy?" 

I guess my point is that we could accomplish so much more if we just expected more of ourselves - if we thought about and strived for what we could achieve if we put in our best effort. So my challenge this week is that for the next goal you set in your life, don't just try for a "Ford" or "Chevy" level goal, try for a Ferrari. 

Sorry if this isn't making too much sense, I have like 5 minutes to write but hopefully you get the gist. I hope you all have a great week!


~Elder Thomas






No comments:

Post a Comment