Monday, January 23, 2017

I never ever, ever thought this would happen....

January 23, 2017

I never ever, ever thought this would happen. I deliberately told every one of my companions that it was stupid and I would never do it. I did it today. I TOOK A NAP ON PDAY!!!!!!! I was also probably one of the best decisions I have made all week. If that doesn't tell you how tired I have been I don't know what will.

Besides being really tired this week we have also seen a lot of cool stuff happen. 
  1. We had a crazy rainstorm that came through and melted all the snow. I know that missionary emails are the epitome of hyperbole, but it really was a crazy rainstorm. Even for Washington. All we had to do was walk from our car into the houses of our appointments and we got completely soaked.
  2. Zone Conference was postponed because of the rain so we had a surprise zone meeting. How does that work? Idk but it was fun and I felt the spirit.
  3. We met with Everado quite a bit this week, which is pretty awesome. He has a wife and two kids and was progressing pretty well until he dropped off the face of the earth. We tried so many times to get into contact with him and never got an answer, so finally we prayed on Tuesday and we were like "Heavenly Father, we are going to drop Everado if he is not home tonight so please help him to be home." He was! Then he has been home every time after that!
  4. We went to the temple as a zone on Thursday. It was really good. Usually when I go to the temple it puts me in a quiet, contemplative mood, but on Thursday it just pumped me up and got me really excited to do missionary work. Huzzah for Israel!
  5. After weekly planning on Friday our apartment came together to discuss what we wanted to accomplish together. We decided that it was the best to keep it simple and focus on A) Developing Charity and B) Helping those we teach understand that God is their loving Heavenly Father. 

       That brought up the question, how do you develop the charity to share that message? We searched everywhere and could not find the answer. Finally during lunch the next day I called the most charitable member I knew in the Tongan ward and asked him the secret. His answer - study the atonement.  To develop charity you have to do it the same way Jesus Christ did. So study Christ's life and His atonement, and live what you learn, and it will all come together.

Love you guys! Have a great week and enjoy the not-flooding-Utah-weather!


"I work as hard as I can and do everything within my power. And I try to keep the commandments. Then I let the Lord make up the difference.” ~ President Ezra Taft Benson 



No comments:

Post a Comment