Monday, November 7, 2016

Lily's marriage and baptism

November 6, 2016

Fam!

Things are good as always. Elder Flynn and I are having a blast and enjoying the bounteous feast of experience that the mission field has to offer.

To start off, Lily got baptized!!!! It was awesome. She and Trampas got married at 6:30 in the relief society room and then had their reception right after. Then at 7:30 she changed her white dress for a white jumpsuit and got baptized! She was so happy afterward, and we were able to get the whole family there. All around it was just a
really great experience.

In addition to Lily's baptism on Friday, Elder Flynn and I were able to go to Vancouver to watch the baptism of 3 kids that Elder Flynn taught in Vancouver. I swear like half the mission had taught these kids and the other half got to go because their comps had taught them. It was a blast seeing all the other missionaries. And then some less-actives took us out to a seafood buffet afterward which made the night even better!

We went on a few exchanges this week that were pretty fun. I have been in Astoria so long and been to Longbeach on so many exchanges that some members of the branch up there think I'm their missionary ha. We saw three members at Subway and all of them recognized me from a previous exchange. Yeah, I've been serving here for a while. We also had our traditional run on the beach which was way nice because it was dark but all the stars were still out and there was nobody else out there the entire time.


Now I'll be 100% honest. Sometimes I go to church and I think to myself "I'm only 19 years old and I have already heard a lesson on faith or gratitude about 17,000 times. I wonder if this will ever get really boring considering I have al least three times that amount of years ahead of me?" Then I have a week like this past one and I see the gospel and those lessons of faith work in someone's life. I feel the emotions of joy and contentment that come with repetitious living in a righteous manner. And I see that cycle begin in someone else's life. So when the scriptures start to sound boring or the Sunday school lessons seem too predictable - It is time, again, to listen to the Savior's counsel to "when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren."

Gratefully,

Elder Paul Thomas





No comments:

Post a Comment