Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I have never felt the spirit that strongly tracting before!

November 21, 2016

Maannnn. It is been quite a week. I guess I'll start off with Wednesday. Wednesday morning we work up at 5:30 to drive two hours to the transfer site in Longview. Once we got to the transfer site I handed over the keys to the minivan   and went inside to meet my new trainee. His name is Elder Fouts and he is from Bountiful Utah. He loves insects and reptiles and wearing suits. Seriously. It took like three days of rhetoric to persuade him he'll wear out his suit if he wears it every single day ha.

From the transfer site we drove to our new church building and made plans to contact and meet our investigators. (We were getting doubled in)( Two new missionaries to a new area). We would have driven to our apartment but it was being sprayed for bed bugs so we couldn't unload our stuff until evening!

Our area- we have a really great area! There is so much work going on that it is the only area in the mission with three sets of missionaries! It has one of the best bishops I have ever met. It's mostly full of apartment complexes which would be fine except that literally after 6 months of working perfectly, my GPS randomly stopped working after being in our new area for 3 hours! Haha needless to say this week has been stressful. So stressful in fact that I got kinda sick yesterday and continue to be so today.

Miracle - Wednesday night, our first day in the area, we were looking for a members house and got really lost (Remember, no GPS). We pulled over to what I thought should be the members house and opened the gate. Then I realized four things. 1) This was not he correct house 2) There was a big dog barking inside the house. 3) There was a beware of dog sign on he fence. 4) It was like 8:30 and it had been dark outside for like 4 hours already. We decided to knock the door anyway and a 60 year old Kris Kringle came out to meet us. For some reason the first words out of my mouth were "We have a message that your family can be together forever" Then he got all emotional right there on his front porch (Dog still barking in the background) and told us his wife was dying of cancer and that it was a message he needed to hear. I felt the spirit sooo strong. I have never felt he spirit that strongly tracting before. Then I handed him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and when we came back later we learned he had read the whole thing!

I definitely miss Elder Flynn and Astoria, but I live with Elder Petitta again which is fun and the church is still true!

The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature. -Ezra Taft Benson

Happy Thanksgiving,

Elder Thomas
 New Companion, Elder Fouts
 New Zone
Good-bye to Astoria

No comments:

Post a Comment