Monday, March 14, 2016

Pi Day and some familiar faces

March 14, 2016

Pie day and some familiar faces

I feel like I start off every weekly email by saying "it's been a good
week" but it's true, so I'm going to keep saying that. Ha I do lesson
reports the same way. Every single lesson report starts of with "it
was a good lesson." Sometimes you just need to state the obvious.

What made it good? I'll tell you.

1. I got to have lunch on Thursday with Riley Langston and Hannah
Knowles! It was sooo good to see some amigas from back home! I thought
I would make me miss home a lot, but thankfully it just made the week go by quicker!

2. We had stake conference Saturday and Sunday, which was really good. Both the Tongan Ward and Rocky Butte Ward were there so I got to see a lot of friends. During conference, President Taylor spoke about Easter and he walked through Luke chapters 20, 21, and 22. There is really a lot in those chapters. Unfortunately, I didn't see the Mowers there but I assume there were there as well

3.We went out with some priests from our ward yesterday and they were so hyped about the work!  We went street contacting with them for like an hour and a half, and talked to literally over 100 people. Then we told them we had to drop them off at home because it was dinnertime. They refused to be dropped off at their house, so they tracted the area for an hour during our dinner appointment. After eating, we picked them up again and took them to a lesson. We had an active-member lesson lined up after that. The priests opted to tract around the house during that lesson as well. Ha it was a pretty dang fun day. I'll see if I can add a video.

4. We found a couple REALLY solid investigators yesterday.

5. One of the pics below is of one of the legit officials for the world indoor track championships. I met him at a bus stop and he didn't really want to take a pic with me.  But I convinced him to so we can reenact the same pic in 5 years with a medal around my neck!

Love from Portland,


Elder Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment