Monday, November 23, 2015

Have a great Thanksgiving

November 23, 2015

Hey Fam! This week has gone by SO fast. To start off we had Exchanges on Wednesday with the zone leaders which way way nice because I stayed in our area with one of the ZL's who served in Rocky Butte about a year and a half ago. He had all sorts of potential and former investigators he knew of that weren't in area book, which was way helpful.

Then on Thursday we had Elder Johnson of the seventy come and speak to us. It was good; he talked about how our job as missionaries is to baptize those people who are ready to receive the gospel. If they're not ready then it's not our job to prepare them, and we've got to let them go for a short time so we can focus on the investigators who are prepared. 

My thoughts on gratitude are extensive and I doubt I could put them into adequate words if I were given a week. To summarize, I believe that if we completely understood what we have been given just with life and our families and the blessings to follow in the next existence, we would not have a sad moment on this earth. I’m getting frustrated trying to put this into words because I can't, but I guess suffice it to say that because of what I have seen and felt on my mission thus far, I cannot be jealous of others as I was before and I can't take my family or religion or clear mind for granted as I had before.

This is a really short email since we went on a hike today, but I hope the pics make up for the lack of words!

love you guys and hope you have a great thanksgiving!





Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment