Monday, May 1, 2017

Ether 12:27

May 1, 2017

Malo e lelei!

Great week here in Washington. Did it rain? You bet. Rumor has it that this is the rainiest winter/ spring that Washington has had in 20 years!  

Highlights of the week: 
  • Our mission just got a new policy on temple attendance - now we can go on Pdays! Our mission president will probably change our Pday soon because the temple is closed on Monday 
  • Our investigator Cindy has been working soooo hard to keep the Word of Wisdom and we all fasted together and gave her a blessing.   She is doing a ton better!
  • Elder Anderson visits our mission this Saturday!
  • Transfer news: I am going to be training and staying in Mint Valley for my last two transfers

Ether 12:27. This scripture has been the theme of my week. Seriously. I honestly kind of forgot about that scripture and hadn't used it in lessons for a couple of months.  Then Elder Bargeron and I were listening to a talk in the car where Gene R. Cook talks about Ether 12:27 for like 30 minutes. It was a good scripture so I used it in our lesson that day. For the next lesson we had that scripture fit in perfectly too, so we ended up centering our entire lesson around it. Then at the end of the night, an Elder we live with started quoting it to us. THEN the next morning when I picked up "The Infinite Atonement" the section I was on all of a sudden started talking about Ether 12:27!

Here is the verse: 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

The verse is true! If the Jazz can make it to the second round of the playoffs, surely your weaknesses can be made strengths!

I'm pretty stoked to be training my last two transfers - it's probably the most rewarding job you can have as a missionary.

Have a great week!  Love,


~Elder Paul Thomas

(mom note: no captions accompanied these photos.)



No comments:

Post a Comment